Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hamburger Helper


This is mix week here at "Creative Substitutions." Mom gave me the bread mix as well as a new Hamburger Helper mix. I've never had hamburger helper, since it's macaroni and I can't have regular durum pasta.Anyway, the mix wasn't too bad, and I took it to the local support group meeting for everyone to try. We all liked it and agreed that it was something good to have around in an emergency, at the least.

I think I would add some chopped onions to it if I made it again.  (I can't seem to find the cheesy hashbrowns product on the General Mills site. They may have discontinued them already.) I really do try to buy stuff that is gluten-free when I can, but that is hard to justify, because I make most everything from scratch. I can't blame General Mills for not producing something that I didn't buy anyway. They can't make money off of my good intentions!

Here's the pan with all of the cheese sauce on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment