This Thai Chicken Pizza is quite good, and is healthy for you!
Surprisingly enough, I pretty much followed the recipe on this one. Obviously you need some pizza dough to start with. My recipe is here.You can certainly start with your favorite pizza dough.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced, or 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- Mozzarella cheese
Cook your pizza dough first, if it requires pre-cooking.
Carefully mix together the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and garlic until well-combined.
Cook your chicken. Once it is cooked, add the onion and pepper and one tablespoon of the sauce, mix to coat.
Assuming your crust is cooked, spread it evenly with the rest of the peanut sauce. Top with the chicken and vegetables. Cover with cheese. (The original recipe calls for 2/3 cup cheese. That's nowhere near enough for me. I want the pizza to be covered with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is beginning to brown on top.