Monday, May 30, 2011

Tzatziki


After making Greek yogurt, I was ready to make tzatziki. Because I wasn't smart enough to ask my friend for her recipe, I looked around for some recipes and found one. It didn't turn out like my friend's tzatziki, but it isn't bad.

Tzatziki
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 medium cucumber
  • 1 teaspoon dill seed
  • Salt and pepper to taste

You can make Greek yogurt like I showed you in the previous post. Or maybe you could do it the easy (slacker) way and buy some.

Peel the cucumber and slice it in half lengthwise. Then use a spoon to take the seeds out.


Chop the cucumbers into small pieces.


Then, put the cucumbers in a colander or screen and sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt.


Put this over something so they can drain. I didn't get much water out of the cucumbers, honestly, but I assume that it made some difference. After they have drained, get out your blender or food processor.

In your blender, but the cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, and dill. Grind them up as best you can, then stir this mix into the yogurt. I mixed in a teaspoon of garlic grains as well, to add some flavor.

Let it stand for at least two hours and enjoy! We used it for chip dip and it was a big hit.



Watch later this week for another tzatziki recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment