Thursday, May 26, 2011

Greek Yogurt

After a friend gave me some homemade tzatziki, I wanted to try making some myself, and tzatziki starts with Greek yogurt. Most people might be able to buy some Greek yogurt, which is becoming more and more available around here. However, we aren't most people. Milk seems to make Dona feel like she has arthritis, so I thought I would try making some Greek yogurt with non-dairy (soy milk) yogurt. I bought some soy milk yogurt from the health food store and let it drain, just like the the Food Network's recipe for Greek Yogurt explains. One thing that was different was that I didn't get as much liquid out of the non-dairy yogurt as they talk about in other recipes.

This is really easy.

Greek Yogurt
  • 1 cup non-dairy plain yogurt
Place the yogurt in a coffee filter that you have placed in a small strainer. Allow to set in the refrigerator overnight. That's it! Now you are ready to use it in whatever recipe you want.

I'm not at home as I work on these, and I forgot to bring my camera with me. So, I will add some pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment