I have had this recipe since I started graduate school in 1994. It was in a packet of recipes I received from her when I moved out on my own and really had to start cooking for myself. I have modified it a bit, but everyone in the family likes it, and you can make it even healthier if you use brown rice. I like mixing brown and white rice because the brown rice provides a nutty flavor.
- 3 cups cooked rice (brown, white, or some combination thereof.)
- 2 6 1/2 ounce cans tuna fish
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoning salt
Top with the rest of your rice/tuna mixture.
Cover this and bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees. I like it with salad. It's really good as leftovers (warmed up, of course) with salad that has french dressing on it. For some reason I personally like that flavor combination. This will make quite a bit and it fills you up, so don't eat too fast!